HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trail report


On Sunday Matt Schrader, David Sletton, Dan Valintine and I went on a preview of the 10 mile course. It was a really nice afternoon for a run. We didn't see much for wildlife except at about 3 1/2 miles Dan suddenly jumped in the air. I couldn't figure out what he was doing until I saw the huge snake he leapped over. I am sure glad the snake was on his side of the trail and not mine.

We've got 51 pre-registered for the races so far. This is double what we were at last year at this time. There are a lot of people coming a from all over to run. With gas prices being what they are, thank you.
I should add that the Snake is a Fox Snake and they are harmless and in the hundreds of times that I've ran the trails this is the second time I've seen one

2 comments:

russells said...

Oh yeah the picture of the snake will draw in the registrations!!!
;-)

Views from a director said...

LOL ya I thought about that later. Its a fox snake and they're harmless