HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thanks

I was just thinking I should express my thanks to a couple of Upper Midwest Trail Runners. Kate Havlin contacted us last year about adding the Chester Woods Trail Run to the Minnesota Trail Running series. I couldn't have been more excited to have this first year race added to a series which also has such prestigious races as Trail Mix, Superior Trail etc....


Kate ran in the inaugural Chester Woods race and was on hand to autograph her book "Minnesota Running Trails " Thanks Kate.


Kieth Krone contacted us for this years trail running series, and somehow while doing some Internet surfing I stumbled across his blog.Kieth also ran the first Chester Woods run , he did a really good job of describing his race experience and had some awesome pictures included. Kieth was kind enough to let me use some of his pictures for the race website etc... One thing we forgot was to have someone taking pictures on race day. It was because of Kieth that I got this idea to do this blog. Thanks Kieth.


I know Kate is busy for this years race, but I'm hoping to meet Kieth and some of the other trail runners whose blogs that I read on a regular basis. I'd like to see those funky shoes Kieth wears up close.


I'm hoping that the Chester Woods Trail Run can be part of the MNTRS for many years to come and I'm going to do my best to make it a race everyone can look forward to

No comments: