Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Grandfather of Minnesota trail running

The Rochester Post Bulliten did a great story on Larry Pederson. Larry is certainly a pioneer in trail racing in the Midwest and is responsible for a lot of the most popular races in Minnesota. Anybody who hasn't seen Larry's beard flowing in the wind in a race is missing something, and he's also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

I'm hoping Larry can make it to the Chester Woods Trail Race, I would love to hear his opinion about the race. Congratulations on the nice story Larry, hope to see you on the trails soon


Chris said...

Thanks for the story on Larry. I see him every day at work, but had no idea who he was, other then to say "hi". Now I will have to introduce myself and ask him about his running! :] Posted at 5:04 AM , don't you sleep in either? LOL

Views from a director said...

LOL, I don't think it was quite that early. The Google clock must be off. I am always up before the sunrise though its the best part of the day.

Chris said...

I hear ya there!! That's why I run at 4:30 AM...the world is just starting to wake up!