HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Grandfather of Minnesota trail running


The Rochester Post Bulliten did a great story on Larry Pederson. Larry is certainly a pioneer in trail racing in the Midwest and is responsible for a lot of the most popular races in Minnesota. Anybody who hasn't seen Larry's beard flowing in the wind in a race is missing something, and he's also one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

I'm hoping Larry can make it to the Chester Woods Trail Race, I would love to hear his opinion about the race. Congratulations on the nice story Larry, hope to see you on the trails soon

3 comments:

russells said...

Thanks for the story on Larry. I see him every day at work, but had no idea who he was, other then to say "hi". Now I will have to introduce myself and ask him about his running! :] Posted at 5:04 AM , don't you sleep in either? LOL

Views from a director said...

LOL, I don't think it was quite that early. The Google clock must be off. I am always up before the sunrise though its the best part of the day.

russells said...

I hear ya there!! That's why I run at 4:30 AM...the world is just starting to wake up!