HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Friday, April 4, 2008

Views from a director

I enjoy reading blogs from other runners so I thought I would start one of my own. This will be the second year for a race that I created ,the "Chester Woods Trail Run ". I used to comment to my friends all the time while running the trails at Chester Woods, "somebody should have a race out here." Well that somebody became me. Last year the Rochester Track Club needed to fill a spot where another race fizzled out and thus the Chester Woods Trail Run began. The track club paired me with some very capable partners Larry Pederson and Fred Woolman. We settled down and came up with a route, and decided to give away caps rather than tee-shirts.
Larry makes some neat walnut pens and pencils, so that was to become our awards. To make a long story short the race went off without a hitch , well almost. I'll tell about that later.
This year the race is on June 7th at 8:00 AM and in the coming days I will describe how it all comes together.

Jim

No comments: