HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Friday, April 11, 2008

Snow, are you kidding me?

I am helping out a fellow race director at a 20k (Fetzer Run ) tomorrow. The forecast is for maybe 1-3 inches of snow and a high of 33 degrees. This should be interesting , I'm going to be the one wearing the "Ice Team "ice fishing suit. I always feel more sorry for the volunteers in weather like that , as a runner once you get the moter warmed up you can run in cold damp weather easily.
I approved the artwork for the trophies. Its a lazer engraved picture of a deer and a turkey standing in the woods. I liked the design so much I'm going to make a few more for our sponsers.I can't wait to see what the runners think of the trophies/pencil holders.
I e-mailed some fellow bloggers to let them know about Chester Woods. I can understand if somebody doesn't want to run my race for various reasons I just don't want somebody to miss it because they havn't heard of it.

2 comments:

Kel said...

Jim, I just found your blog a few days ago (don't remember how I found the link). I'm one of the folks who helped set the MN Trail Race schedule for 2008 - as you know Chester Woods is one of the dozen! I mentioned your blog on mine...perhaps you can add your link to the Upper Midwest Trail Runners wiki to get more traffic too. Also, if you'd like us to distribute race forms for Chester Woods at the earlier races, let me know!

Views from a director said...

Thanks Kelly, I'll do that. I can't wait to meet everybody at the race. I promise there'll be no snow. I sent Kate Havlin some race forms but, if anybody wants some more just e-mail me an address and I'll send some
Jim