HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Friday, April 25, 2008

Rain,Rain Go Away



I managed to slip out to the woods for a little run last night. I probably got in about six miles, although I walked the last few hills. I prefer to run longer runs even this distance with another person the time goes by so much easier and I have a tendency to go too fast by myself. About halfway through the run I saw a big tom turkey and hen running down the trail ahead of me and in the last mile I saw a bunch of deer running through the trees. If I'm running by myself out there its a sure thing I will see deer or turkeys or both. In the meadows the pheasants were raising quite a racket, it must be dating time. Just as I was finishing my run the rain drops started falling again, good timing.

No comments: