HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eastwood Recap

We ran the twisty slick trails of Eastwood Park last night. I was going to bring my camera but, I left it in my office. I don't think it would have been possible to take pictures as you really had to watch your step the trails were treacherous with the slippery mud in spots. They say you can run about 7 miles without repeating your course out there and I believe it. You are constantly making hairpin turns.
Wayne, Mark myself and a new member to our group Dave, put in about 4.5 miles but it seemed like more. Wayne had his Vibrams on and Dave is a total barefoot runner. Dave is very experienced running sans shoes and put me to shame gliding over the few rocky spots we encountered.
Next Tuesday , a familiar course; Chester Woods. We'll meet at picnic shelter#5 at 6:15 PM. Hopefully I can recover from Med City very quickly:-)

No comments: