HIT THE TRAILS

HIT THE TRAILS
CHESTER WOODS RACES

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

50k Anyone?

I'm thinking about adding a 50k to the Chester Woods Races. If there is enough interest shown I will continue to pursue this idea.
I am thinking the course would be one loop of the 10 mile course adding the rest of the Zieman loop trail (about 2 miles), then the next two loops would be the same except you would not do the east meadow/campground part.
To keep it simple I would keep the price the same as the other races, only you must be pre-registered by June 1st. There will be no race day registration. The aid stations would be self serve for the first loop until the volunteers arrive,usually around 7:00AM.
I will have a short meeting on Friday, June 3rd at 6:00PM at the Chester Woods boat launch parking lot explaining the course and handing out packets bibs etc...You will have to pay a $5.00 park fee on Friday but there won't be anyone charging you at 6:00AM race day so you'll only have to pay once.
I will make up a male and female over all winner award and finishers plaques for all participants so register early so I get an idea of how many to make.

Please send me an e-mail even if you are just thinking about this race. I want to get some kind of idea how many people would run this race.
Jim Mason

No comments: